The RadEye PRD-ER Personal Radiation Detector is an advanced pocket-size instrument that detects and localizes radiation sources generated by man-made devices such as nuclear weapons, improvised nuclear devices (IND) or radiological dispersal devices (RDDs).
Special proprietary circuitry allows the energy compensated dose and dose rate measurement up to 100 mSv/h
(or 10 rem/h). Thus the RadEye PRD-ER is the ideal tool for both interdiction and response. Unlike instruments using 2 different detectors for the low dose rate range and the high dose rate range, the single detector arrangement in the RadEye PRD-ER offers the following unique advantages over the whole measuring range:
- Consistent angular dependence
- No mutual shielding of neighbored detectors
- Consistent energy response
- No transition range with annoying hysteresis effects
- No high activity source for function test of high dose rate detector required
With the help of the RadEye PRD-ER test adapter user can check the full detector performance on a regular basis – without the need of a high dose rate calibration facility.